Saturday, January 31, 2009

Etsy shop interview of the month for Feb!

Interview with CubicleMonkey

1. How did you find Etsy?

Well, I found it a few years ago actually, before I even got into card making and paper crafts. But I have to give credit where it is due, my good friend Amy brought Etsy back to my attention after she opened her store www.notmoira.etsy.com. She is hilarious!

2. How did you get into the craft/artwork thta you do now?
Again, thanks to a friend! As you can see by my etsy name, I am a cube monkey by day, and a former coworker started selling a line of stamping products. She needed some help getting her business off the ground, so I had her come to my place to host a small party. That party opened my eyes to the world of paper crafts!

3. What inspires you?
I am inspired by the independence and freedom that crafting allows. With the line of 8-5 work I am in, I don't get much room at ALL for freedom or creativity, and knowing that I can come home at the end of a day, sit in my office at home, surrounded by all the materials that I have amassed over time, and create whatever I want with no restrictions is the most inspirational thing! Even if I don't sell anything, just releasing my pent up creativity is enough for me!

4. Who is your favorite artist?
I don't necessarily have a favorite crafting artist, although, I have long considered my mother to be the Martha Stewart of the South (I am from Alabama), and she has always amazed me with her craftiness! She helped me bring the vision of my wedding to life about 3 years ago, and it just blew me away what we were able to do when we combined our talents. She is amazing. But as far as paper crafts go, there are hundreds of amazing card makers on Etsy that I am discovering daily, and I am enjoying the variety of art that can come from something as simple as a card.

1 comment:

Sign up for my monthly newsletter!

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe