Sunday, March 1, 2009

Etsy Artisan Interview for March!

WakingBearStudio


1., How did you find Etsy?
A friend of ours who is a potter mentioned Etsy to us during the time we were having a Holiday Openhouse. We thought we would try it out!

2., How did you get into the craft/artwork that you do now?
I have been painting and drawing since I was 7 years old. After attending college, I graduated with a degree in Fine Arts and English. Right around the time I turned 30, someone gave me an oxyacetylene torch set and I started cutting up old car parts. The very first piece I made was an angel in memory of my second oldest sister who died before she turned 40. I am also an artist in residence for the PA council of the Arts and have been an active teaching artist for them for almost 15 years.

3., What inspires you?
I am inspired by nature, my pets and my dreams!

4., Who is your fav. artist?
My favorite artist is an artist named Franz Marc. I love his form of animals and color that leads to abstract art but is still recognizable. I also love the Impressionist artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for my monthly newsletter!

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe